Studio Policies & Expectations
Cancellation Policy / Make-up Lessons:
- Student/parent must notify the teacher a minimum of 24 hours in advance to cancel or reschedule a lesson. If a lesson is cancelled less than 24 hours in advance you will still be charged the full price of the lesson.
- The following count as unexcused absences:
- No show
- Forgetting a lesson
- Failure to properly notify teacher of a planned absence or conflict.
- In the event that the teacher must cancel a lesson, notice will be given as soon as possible and the lesson will be rescheduled at the earliest convenience at no additional charge.
- Any music assigned to a student must be purchased by the student unless it is under public domain.
- Students are expected to bring their music and a pencil to each lesson. It is recommended for students to bring a recording device (i.e. smartphone or digital recorder) as well as a water bottle.
- Students are expected to practice between their lessons.
- The amount of practice will vary. However, a set amount of time will be agreed upon between student and teacher. Students should expect to practice a minimum of 20-60 minutes 3-7 days per week.
- One lesson per week is recommended.
- All students are expected to arrive on time for each lesson. Your lesson will not be extended due to late arrival. In the event that you arrive late for your lesson, you will still be charged the full fee for your lesson.
- Any late payments will incur a $20 late fee.
- Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check (made out to Tasha Koontz), Venmo, Chase QuickPay, and credit card.